Serves 4 as a small tapa
- ½ an onion (peeled and chopped)
- Olive oil (enough to fill the base of the pan to approx. 1cm depth)
- 8 medium sized potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 6 free range or organic medium sized eggs (lightly beaten)
- Halen Môn Sea Salt and black pepper
Using a deep frying pan, cook onion in olive oil on a medium heat.
Then add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Keep stirring and once the onions have begun caramelising and potatoes are soft, add the eggs.
Stir gently on a high heat and leave to cook until the egg is set around the edges but still runny in the middle. Put a plate the same size as the pan over the top and flip the omelette onto the plate.
Carefully place the omelette back into the pan (runny side down) and return to the heat.
Cook for a further 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve at room temperature or use in sandwiches the next day with plenty of allioli.