Spanish Vinegar 101
posted on 17 May 2016 by admin
1. Pedro Ximenez 12yr old Balsamic 750ml - This balsamic vinegar has a strongly aromatic flavour thanks to 12 years spent in American oak. Sweet with subtle hints of nuts and dried fruits.
2. Sagardoa Natural Cider Vinegar 50cl - The Basque take their apples seriously so it's no surprise that this organic cider vinegar from Gipuzkoa is perfectly balanced and packed full of character.
3. Crismona Vinagre de Naranja 375ml - A heavenly orange vinegar from Córdoba that is complex with sweet orange undertones making it perfect for adding some zest to your marinades and salads.
4. Moscatel 12yr old Balsamic Vinegar 375ml - Their 12 year old White Moscatel Balsamic is sweet, fruity and light. The pale amber colour won’t invade your salads with brown droplets, and its mild acidity is fitting for those after more subtlety.
5. Mas d`en Gil Agredolc Vinegar 50cl - A stunning wine vinegar from award winning Catalonian bodega Mas d'en Gil. Aged for over 40 years, this vinegar is sweet, sour, powerful and very complex. Why can’t all wine vinegar be like this?
6. Capirete Vinagre de Jerez Gran Reserve 250ml - A must try 50 year old sherry vinegar from Jerez. Dark mahogany in colour, delicate on the nose and packed full of flavour, you only need a few drops to turn any dish into a culinary feast.